Prestashop Module – Google Analytics 4
This module was created in response to the problem that sites are experiencing with Universal Analytics where cookies are blocked and analytics are left without data. Allows measuring ecommerce events that are not collected in a predefined way
Official module verified by Prestashop
6 months FREE support and updates
Extendable to 12 months for only 10€
COMPATIBLITY Prestashop 184.108.40.206 - 8.1
VERSION 1.1.7. Published on 04/08/2023
DEVELOPED BY Linea Gráfica
Tax no included
- Allows to measure with the new Consent Mode (Beta)
- Allows to measure through events and not hits
- Allows to measure certain events, some automatic and some e-commerce events that are not measured “naturally”.
- Adds the gtag fragment needed to measure GA4
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Better measurement translates into better strategies for your business. You will be able to know what works and what doesn’t, and adapt your actions to what your audience demands.
Add e-commerce events to your online shop to get the most out of Google Analytics 4 reports.
The module makes use of dataLayer to report the information of each visited page to GA4.
The module automatically registers more than 40 predefined events with their respective parameters, which are triggered when basic interactions with your website occur:
- session_start (session starts)
- page_view (a page is displayed)
- view_search_results (results are displayed)
- scroll (user scrolls to the end of the page)
See all events: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9234069
The module also logs additional custom e-commerce events, without the need for complex technical implementations:
- purchase (purchase completed)
- begin_checkout (a purchase is started)
- add_to_cart (a product is added to the cart)
- view_cart (cart is displayed)
- view_item (a product is displayed to the user)
- view_item_list (a list of products is displayed to the user)
Follow the instructions below to create your Google Analytics 4 property.
- In Google Analytics, click Admin
- In the Account column, make sure that your desired account is selected.
- In the Property column, select the Universal Analytics property that currently collects data for your website.
- In the Property column, click GA4 Setup Assistant. It is the first option in the Property column.
- Click Get started under “I want to create a new Google Analytics 4 property”.
- Click Create Property.
Analytics now creates your new Google Analytics 4 property, copying basic data such as the property name, URL, timezone, and currency from your Universal Analytics property.
This module is designed to users wich currenly are using Universal Analytics and want to migrate to Google Analytics 4. So before to follow these instrucción ensure you currently have your Universal Analytics account.
The module registers Google Analytics 4 events by default, but if you want to enable additional functions such as standard Google Analytics and Google Ads. The user must give their consent, for which it is advisable to have an additional mechanism such as a module that provides the user with the possibility of accepting the knowledge of additional measurement cookies.