EU Cookie Law (Banner + Blocker) – PrestaShop Module
The only module that allows you to fully comply with the EU cookie law. Display a responsive and custom warning banner and disable cookies when users enter your website until you obtain their consent.
COMPATIBLITY Prestashop 1.4.5 - 1.7x
DEVELOPED BY Linea Gráfica
- The only module that fully complies with the EU Cookie Law
- Display a custom warning banner to inform users
- Disable a list of cookies when users enter the website
- Enable cookies after having obtained users’ consent
- Selection of the module you want to disable
- 2 ways to ask users’ consent (through a button or through navigation)
- Customization of the banner message
- Customization of the text of “I accept” and “More information” button
- Responsive warning banner (100% of the window width)
- Customization of the design (font, text color, html code, link, buttons…)
- Selection of the background color
- Selection of the button color -> not availaible in PS 1.4
- Selection of the opacity rate (transparency)
- Multilingual module: automatic detection of all the languages of your store
- Multilingual module: different warning text, button titles and links by language
- 2 positions for the banner (bottom and top of the screen)
- 5 positions for the buttons (left, right, below, above, without) -> not availaible in PS 1.4
- Configuration of the consent duration
- Preview mode: only visible by the webmaster
- Banner designed to not be seen by robots (to protecty our SEO)
- Compatible with multistore
- Free and quality support provided within 90 days after the purchase of the module to help you in case of problems with the module
Benefits for your customers
Our module fully complies with the European Cookie Law.
Complete compliance with the law
Besides displaying a warning banner, our module is the only one that allows you to block the cookies when users enter your store. As established by the law, you “shall ensure that the storing of information, or the gaining of access to information already stored, in the terminal equipment of a subscriber or user is only allowed on condition that the subscriber or user concerned has given his or her consent, having been provided with clear and comprehensive information.”
Please note that all the other cookie modules sold on Addons only allows you to display a warning banner regardless of the user consent. Cookies are installed on the users’ computer without obtaining their consent and regardless of their will.
Main features of the modules
- Disable a list of modules when users enter the website because warning users about cookies is useless and illegal if you have already installed cookies on their computer.
- Enable these cookies after having obtained their consent or maintain them disabled if they refuse.
- Fully customize the warning banner (color, text, link, font, position, multilingual mode, transparency, buttons…)
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Getting the user consent
The module includes 2 different ways to ask user consent, you can choose between:
- Acceptance through a button: Users must click on the “I accept” button in the warning banner to give his consent. As soon as users give their consent, the warning banner disappears and all the modules using cookies will get enabled and will work as usual. But if users refuse to give their consent, the disabled modules will remain disabled. We recommend you to use this mode, this one allows you to fully comply with the law.
Note: the consent remains valid during the period of time set in the module interface (we recommend you not to go over 13 months)
Customizing the banner content and design
The warning banner is responsive and will always be displayed full-width. The module comes with a Wysiwyg editor that allows you to fully customize the content of the banner (font, color, effects, html code, links…). You can also choose from the configuration page the background color of the banner, its percentage of opacity (transparency) and its position (top or bottom of the page). Moreover, the module is multilingual and automatically detects all the languages of your store, which allows you to set a different warning message per language.
Note: the module is designed to not display a warning message when search engines robots crawl you store in order not to affect your SEO.
This is the only module that allows you to choose the modules/cookies that you want to disable until users give their consent. This feature is compulsory because it is useless and illegal to inform users if you have already installed cookies on their computer with their consent.
“Member States shall ensure that the storing of information, or the gaining of access to information already stored, in the terminal equipment of a subscriber or user is only allowed on condition that the subscriber or user concerned has given his or her consent, having been provided with clear and comprehensive information, in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC” EU Cookie Law
To comply with the directive of the EU Cookie Law, we recommend you to disable the tracking (Google Analytics), social sharing (Facebook ” Like “, Google ” +1 “, etc.) and targeted advertising modules. Please note that all modules that are required for the good running of your PrestaShop store (ex: basket cookie, session cookie…) don’t require any consents.